The American non-profit was founded in 1998 by the creators of the Academy Award-winning short film TREVOR. The Trevor Project is the leading national organization providing crisis intervention and suicide prevention services to lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and questioning youth.
The Trevor Project offers accredited life-saving, life-affirming programs and services to LGBTQ youth that create safe, accepting and inclusive environments over the phone, online and through text. You can find the long list of programs and services they offer here.
Here's a breakdown of how donations help:
- $1: adds 1 more minute on our crisis phone, chat, and text lines.
- $30: lets them talk to one youth for 30 minutes.
- $60: keeps their lines going for nearly an hour.
- $120: covers 1 TrevorChat or TrevorText counselor's shift.
- $250: helps fund a crisis counselor training.
- $1200: crisis counseling for up to 50 youth, 100 hours of 24/7 lifeline counseling or 1 week of TrevorChat.
- $5k: crisis counseling for up to 200 youth, 2 weeks of 24/7 lifeline counseling or 1 month of TrevorChat.
- $10k: crisis counseling for up to 400 youth, 1 month of 24/7 lifeline counseling or 2 months of TrevorChat.
This year we have decided to donate $1 from every Passionfruit sale to help fund and support their incredible services for the LGBTQ community. If you would like to also donate on your own terms, you can do so here.